The Taste of Things to Come

AI Art generated by the Bytesized Studios


The Taste of Things to Come

Sometimes I wonder about poems 
I have not written yet. 

I imagine them fermenting, 
creating sparkling verse. 

Experience wrapped 
in lingual gossamer, 
shared aloud.

Do these words 
taste the same 
in your mind 
as they do 
when I read them?

I sincerely doubt it.

-----

This Quadrille (44 word poem) prompted by my imaginary friends over at DVerse Poets.

-----

©2024 Christopher Reilley 

I would love to know what you thought about this piece. 
Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

  1. Imagine them there, maturing like wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our quadrille resonates with me, Chris. I love these lines:
    ‘Experience wrapped
    in lingual gossamer,
    shared aloud.’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine poems fermenting, creating sparkling verse....I love this idea. And yes....so many times, for me anyway, I write a poem, post it, and others read it in different ways than I imagined. Sometimes though, I think people just connect with a poem or even just some of its words....differently than I intended....and that's okay. I think maybe the point is to stir a response? Thank you so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kim Whysall/Hammond here.This is a lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Experience wrapped
    in lingual gossamer,
    shared aloud.”

    This is my favorite part as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this take on the prompt. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "lingual gossamer" what a great term. I wonder what terms you used to create your AI image. It's pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were many, but the one I believe made this image was: rules are bones not fences

      Delete
  8. That's cool art. What we write may not be read the way we intended but as long as it evokes a response, it's okay, I guess.
    I love your verse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the idea of our words fermenting into poems . what a great way of seeing poetry

    ReplyDelete
  10. "lingual gossamer"--that's a great phrase/image. I think many of my poems ferment for awhile. I image the words taste different to everyone.

    ReplyDelete



  11. luv the grape and wine imagery

    much🤍love

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts