Glamour


Glamour


The languid inflections of her smoky tones left no doubt - this woman was dangerous.

“I have been born to master you, rein you to the yoke, break you to service. My tools are not the whip, or the rod, or even reward. To be pretty for you, I have dropped two seeds of turnsole in the dark of both eyes.” She blinked those bewitching eyes in erotic lassitude. “I will win you with promise, slowly binding your intent to my will, so that my direction becomes your own.”

“You will want me, you will follow me, you will be attracted.”

Her name was Glamour.

-----
Shared with dark eyed folks over at DVerse Poets.
----

Prosery containing the line:

“To be pretty for you I have dropped two seeds of turnsole in the dark of both eyes.” from the poem “Garden.” Isabel Duarte-Gray is the author of Even Shorn.

©2023 Christopher Reilley 

I would love to know what you thought about this piece. 
Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

  1. This is absolutely FANTASTIC! I was instantly lured in by the opening lines and felt that this was indeed an unforgettable character sketch. Thank you so much for writing to the prompt, Christopher ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sci-fi noir wrapped around a metaphor. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glamour is a devilish charmer isn't she?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something about the exotic nature of the substance that is bringing out a certain type of story. I pity the man standing against that kind of mesmerism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wondeful, a glamour addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glamour – witch or vampire – has the upper hand – and all through her eyes. He doesn’t stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the line as the lure to attract... glamour is just on the surface I think

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is utterly seamless and terrific, Chris!

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant characterisation here! Glamour is a wilful enchantress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wow!! This is so well written! I loved reading this

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dark and sexy and the illogic of the prompt goes right out of our heads reading this...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts