The Blessings of Disconnect



THE BLESSINGS OF DISCONNECT


If I had a wish, I would ask to be unmoored.
Drifting lazily with the current, one oar in the water,
making beautiful circles without end,
a galaxy spiraling enveloping arms.

I would watch the horizon, as my view
traded places with some one else's view,
the universe slipping away untethered
by demands upon my time.

You might perhaps want to signal me
using nebula, the only language I would understand -
jagged spiked ones for warnings
smooth creamy ones for poems about the warnings.

And for those few moments,
when all I ask is to be forsaken,
use dark matter to speak with me,
so that not even concepts could escape its pull.


©2011 Christopher Reilley

I would love to know what you thought about this piece. Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

  1. Merging with the universe. Sounds like a great way to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drifting with the current, being in the Now...it is one way to paddle through these turbulent times. I love "You might perhaps want to signal me
    using nebula, the only language I would understand ".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark matter the freed yolk, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dark matter fascinates me. glad to see you've worked it into poetry ~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts