I Was Kissed by a Cloud



I WAS KISSED BY A CLOUD

I was kissed by a cloud today.
It found me when I was looking elsewhere
for someone to love.

I lavished time,
passing folk
preened for nobody,
squandered moments that were better spent
in growth.

Look at me, I cried,
then when they did
I cried,
for I knew they saw me
as I am.

I felt a touch
softer than a dream’s shadow,
touching me in places
that rarely saw the light of day.
And when I looked for the source,
I was moist
with sky tears
weeping at the beauty
of what I am.
-----
Shared with DVerse Poets on a kissing prompt.


-----

This poem appeared in "Breathing for Clouds" available from Big Table Publishing.
-----

©2010 Christopher Reilley
 
I would love to know what you thought about this piece. 
Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts