The Source of My Power





THE SOURCE OF MY POWER



Being in love does funny things.
Now that I am in love
I am no longer just the same me that I have been,
Now I am the Lord of Time
possessing the earth
and everything that lives upon it -
mine to do with, as I will.

I used to scribble words,
Stringing together ideas
in hopes of unearthing truth.
Now I am liquid light,
the poems in my notebooks
become fields of mimosa,
glistening with dew.

Before love, I spoke with my mouth.
Yet now, water gushes forth from my fingers,
grass grows upon my tongue,
I encompass all that will be,
And all that is
wishes to be me.

Since I love as I do,
all the trees run barefoot to me.




©2008 Christopher Reilley

I would love to know what you thought about this piece. Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts