What You Do To Me




WHAT YOU DO TO ME




I watch you crawl towards me
with heavy lidded eyes, languid
susurrus of your breath hot on my thigh,
tickling like dragonfly’s wings.

You smile, and it translates to a trillion tickles,
that liberate muscles from torpor.
Words have no meaning now,
except to still my heart with the sound.

Mundane concerns splinter and drift,
forgotten in the warmth of brown eyed bliss.
I am a castle of concerns, besieged by your armies
of laughter, kisses and happiness.

And with the barest of whispers, a sound
too tender to capture, you break me,
and in a rush of heady desire
I am whole again, refreshed.



----


This poem appeared in "One Night Stanzas"
 
available from Big Table Publishing.
-----

©2014 Christopher Reilley
 
I would love to know what you thought about this piece. 
Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts