I Think the Lions Ate My Dad



I THINK THE LIONS ATE MY DAD


I think the lions ate my dad
‘Cause he is nowhere to be found.
He was right here just a minute ago,
But I think that is his hat on the ground.

Now I’ll never get the chance to tell him
All those things I never got to say:
Like how much I’ll miss his corny old jokes
Or wish him a happy Father’s Day.

We came to the zoo to have a few laughs
And now my dad became a lion’s snack.
What am I ever gonna tell my mom?
How can I ever get my Dad back?

I was just about to climb over the fence,
And show those lions a thing or two about mean,
When I heard my Dad’s voice, calling my name –
He had only gone to buy us ice cream!



I would love to know what you thought about this piece. Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts