I Must Have Loved You Before






I MUST HAVE LOVED YOU BEFORE



As we go through our lives in separate ways,
distant, apart – or so it sometimes seems.
Our together nights punctuated by days,
I keep you held closely in my fevered dreams.

I must have loved you like this in the past,
in lives that unfolded before this one.
Feelings this deep, this wide, this vast
must have their source in centuries done.

You fit neatly into the hollow of my heart’s core,
softening my edges with Love’s gentle blur,
so you must have lived in my soul before,
us two locked in passion as we were.

In pillow talk my soul is laid bare
revealing all to your gentle touch.
No other soul has ever gotten there
or charmed me into revealing so much.

Our every step a dance of harmony
a knowing waltz that feels so right
I sometimes cannot separate you from me
in the darkest hours of the coldest night.

When first we met, I did not stand a chance,
I fell headlong into your soft eyes,
my heart knew yours and in my chest did dance,
I was stripped of all artifice and disguise.





I would love to know what you thought about this piece. Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts