Always With Me





ALWAYS WITH ME


The wind raises its swift, silent voice
sweeping away my many protestations.
You have left me and left me no other choice
and refused all of my demonstrations.

Stones on the floor of the ocean may sleep
without remorse, or regret, or sorrow,
But I have promises to try to honor and keep
and they will not wait for tomorrow.

You changed my world when you entered my heart
filling in all the chambers of my soul.
Though you have chosen to live far from me, apart
Your gift has made me solid and whole.

I carry you inside me, never to be lost,
knowing that someday you will return.
I will pay any price, suffer any cost
as long as Love’s candle still burns.






I would love to know what you thought about this piece. Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts