Silent Partner





SILENT PARTNER


She noticed the painting
as I took her coat.

A nude, a red haired woman
bent over, one foot out of the tub
drying her feet
with a red towel.

"It is an old lover,"
I told her,
"but that isn't why I keep it.
I love the way the towel hangs
from her knee,
like fog drapes off a morning sun."

Her lips stole my next breath,
fingers tangled in my hair,
poetry scored another win.

Just as it had last time.

----


This poem appeared in "One Night Stanzas"
 
available from Big Table Publishing.
-----

©2013 Christopher Reilley
 
I would love to know what you thought about this piece. 
Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

  1. smiles...of course women love a man who notices the beauty in the detail...and a man that can speak in poetry...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Nice!! Short but so very well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, the sensual words of a poet can be a deadly assault against any woman's resistance

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts