My Favorite Distraction





My Favorite Distraction

Since that thunderstruck moment, the one that gripped my soul,
there's a heartbeat outside my own frame that matters most to me.
No other has my full attention as you do, you know this, and so are no 
help, instead ever beckoning me to come along with you, run away.

'Come to me,' you ask with just the right amount of sweet and heat,
'Let us find each other in a shared breath, a taste of the infinite.
'Us is more than me and you,' and every time you say it, I truly believe.

Kiss me as only you can, rip my grief from me with frenzied want,
and sooth my temper's grumbling with humor and musical laughter.

Part of the reason you own my heart, is because you are able to do this.

Since there’s no help, come let us kiss and part.


Happy 17th Anniversary
-----

This poem is a "Vague Acrostic" in which a prompted line of poetry - in this case the first line of Michael Drayton’s Idea 61 - supplies the first word in each line of the piece. Of course, I was prompted by those vaguely acrostic folks over at DVerse Poets.

Since there’s no help, come let us kiss and part.

-----


©2022 Christopher Reilley 

I would love to know what you thought about this piece. 
Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

  1. If you can find such a one, you are blessed. Happy 17th Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is perfect match love how you can fill your life with joy... such a happy poem compared to the given line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 17th, Christopher! And here's to many more! 🥂What an absolutely glorious write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really enjoyable read. I like the high emotion and admittance you describe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the line prompt perfectly fits your anniversary - a truly wonderful love poem

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts