Where Time is Not Even the Tick of a Clock





Where Time is Not Even the Tick of a Clock

Free from the twist of
pain, or curse, or conscious choice,
it’s where the rhythm of waves
cuts shorelines into
mental beaches.

Not about the gravity,

or even inertia -

it is the point

where you drop

the reins of control

in order to 

dream.



----

A Quadrille (44 word poem) that was prompted by those dreamy guys and gals over at DVerse Poets.


-----

©2022 Christopher Reilley 

I would love to know what you thought about this piece. 
Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

  1. This is lovely. Strictly speaking, it should contain the word "sleep" as part of the quadrille rules, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "drop

    the reins of control

    in order to

    dream."

    luv these lines.
    Happy Monday

    much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. I always want to know that moment and to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "the rhythm of waves
    cuts shorelines into
    mental beaches." Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well-said! I do whatever it takes to get to that place too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping those reigns, such an appropriate metaphor. And leads to introspection for someone like me who has such a hard time letting go and giving in to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, so many nights my thoughts keep me from sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also adore the lines " drop the reins of control." I think that is why I don't sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quadrille - and I just love the photo! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'it’s where the rhythm of waves
    cuts shorelines into
    mental beaches.' - love these lines. Great quadrille!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so elegantly written, Chris! I really enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts