A Rhyming Riddle


I cannot be seen, cannot be heard, or smelt.
Try as you might, I cannot be felt.

I'm found in deep caves, or behind the stairs,
I often sneak up to catch you unawares. 

I'm the first thing you see when you close your eyes
and the last thing to fill a hole, no matter its size.

Some fear me, some love me, some keep me at bay,
I hide but still exist on even the brightest day.

I'm always ready to spring, when out goes the light,
and I'll cradle your dreams throughout the long night.

-------

This riddle in rhyme was inspired by those puzzled folks over at DVerse.

The answer is Darkness


©2022 Christopher Reilley 

I would love to know what you thought about this piece. 
Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

  1. What a great rhyming riddle poem ... I am stumped, but will hazard the guess of 'darkness.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Darkness sounds right to me too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem! I am also opting for 'darkness'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are correct! The answer is in the white box! Double click on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem, it could have been one of Gollum's and I think the answer is darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how you riddled 'darkness' ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts