Relies Richly




Relies Richly

Look, if you want to give me a gift, then give me the sun in a golden bowl. Give me the moon in a silver spoon and weave me a new suit from the farthest stars. For way too long I have wandered lonely as a cloud, my hair dusted with the dune. Give me what I need.

What will we do when we meet again at long last? Will we dance, sing, grind against each other until the heavens fall away around us? Will we stare at each other until your eyes have burned holes in my cheeks?

That is the only gift I want, one that will set the waters of my soul ablaze. 

A tomorrow with you in it.

-----

This bit of Prosery was prompted by both Wordsworth and the fun folks over at DVerse.



©2022 Christopher Reilley 

I would love to know what you thought about this piece. 
Please consider leaving a comment.

Comments

  1. Bang on, brother. Your words run deep and resonant. Your use of the prompt line works well. You manage to spin a tale both metaphysical and existential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So passionate - wonderful response to the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stellar ... of the heavens. Very powerful and intense. Bravo! (Those opening lines really hook one in .... )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poem and burning desire resonate. I thought of the Prince song, "Nothing Compares to You" but sung by Chris Cornell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your prose was passionate and poetic. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. My husband just asked me today what I'd like for my birthday. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Romantic. Wooing words, and I would say any other soul would swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give me what I need.
    The mix of sentences - short ones, long ones, imperative, interrogative - help to make this a very effective piece. (I almost said poem!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is dynamite. You blew me away.
    Happy Monday

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an intense, passionate write! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that's so romantic, Chris - I love this!

    -David [ben Alexander]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts